In today’s real estate market, more houses are coming to market every day. Eager buyers are searching for their dream homes, so setting the right price for your house is one of the most important things you can do.
According to CoreLogic’s latest Home Price Index, home values have risen at over 6% a year over the past two years, but have started to slow to 3.6% over the last 12 months. By this time next year, CoreLogic predicts home values will be 5.4% higher.
With prices slowing from their previous pace, homeowners must realize that pricing their homes a little over market value to leave room for negotiation will actually dramatically decrease the number of buyers who will see their listing (see the chart below).
Instead of the seller trying to ‘win’ the negotiation with one buyer, they should price their house so demand for the home is maximized. By doing so, the seller will not be negotiating with a buyer over the price, but will instead have m ...
Blockchain - A brief understanding of what this technology is about.
There are a lot of ideas flying about in blogs and chats about Blockchain technology - It's a way of making hidden deals, making intransparent sales and purchases of all manner of illegal goods. It's even some how related to the other most misunderstood technology of the moment, cryptocurrency. The truth is, Blockchain is in part some of those things, and in part none of them. According to Jack Shaw, global thought leader on emerging technologies, Blockchains have several key capabilities:
Says Shaw in a recent interview with Payments & Cards Network, "A Blockchain creates a permanent, incontestable record of the identity of ownership of assets, business transactions, or contractual agreements."
What makes Blockchain particularly interesting to some people in financial circles is the information in a blockchain can be shared between two or more authorized parties within any business grou ...
Set amidst the gentle backdrop of central Tuscany, this spectacular 19th century castle offers magnificent views of the region’s hills and valleys. Located midway between Florence and the Adriatic Sea, the castle was built in medieval style by Italian poet Giovanni Giusti, a lover of medieval culture. The 35-room castle features the essence of the era, with arched windows, wrought iron gates, a pillared open-air entry hall, coffered ceilings, stone stairs, vaults, spiral staircases, and original frescoes on the ceilings.
The castle is surrounded by an Italian garden with a wide variety of foreign and domestic Italian plantings. Driving up the cypress tree lined drive, your first hint of the grandeur to come is the magnificent main gate in the middle of the facade. A matching gate leads out on the opposite side of the castle. Overlooking the pillared indoor courtyard is a double arched window on the second floor and pointed arched windows on th ...
What better time to pack up and head to sunny Italy! A bill that included very generous tax incentives for people interested in relocating to Italy has been made into law. The ‘Decree of Growth’, also known as the ‘lavoratori impatriati’ regime, is aimed at any type of worker, regardless of their qualification or skill level. It expands on the previous version, which only included managers, executives and entrepreneurs.
Passed under ‘Law 58’, the decree reduces the amount of taxable income to just the first 30% of the worker’s employment income for the first five years. This leaves that 70% that a worker can keep tax free. And that's just for starters.
If an individual chooses to relocate to southern Italy or to the islands of Sicily and Sardinia, the incentives would be even greater. Taxable income for those new residents is just 10% in the first five years – meaning that 90% is untaxed.